Hmmm... over the years I've run into many instances where short TTLs
(and in fact any TTL in some cases) have been ignored by some (many) of
the big ISPs - again, sometimes for a month or more (AOL for example)
These instances were for A records mostly as things like web sites and
ftp sites were moved - but I expect MX records probably get tarred with
the same brush.

Now I'm not saying that this isn't an interesting tidbit - but it might
cause some problems with the big guys (and some little ones who have
misconfigured DNS caches) but "them's the breaks" ;)

richard

--
-
Richard C. Pitt                 Pacific Data Capture