From: "Martin A. Brooks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: Nitin Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Cc: exim-users@exim.org

Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:40:15 +0000

Subject: Re: [exim] PORT 25 NOT RESPONDING

Hi Nitin

Nitin Gupta wrote:

> I have installed Exim 4.66 and now whenever i am trying to check the SMTP

> with telnet 127.0.0.1 25 , it is throwing error: "Connection
Refused".please

> suggest.I have checked my /etc/hosts also.

Either exim isn't running, or it not configured to listen on that interface.

Exactly what have you checked for in /etc/hosts?

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ [http://www.antibodymx.net/]
| Anti-spam & anti-virus

    Consultant    |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]      | filtering. Inoculate

  antibodymx.net  |  m: +447896578023           | your mail system.

DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this e-mail (and any attachments) are confidential, may be
privileged and may contain copyright material of Company or third parties. You
may only reproduce or distribute the material if you are expressly authorized
by us to do so.

If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this
e-mail (and any attachments) is unauthorized.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender via e-mail; delete it and any copies of it
from your system.

Although this message and its attachments have been scanned for viruses and no
viruses were detected, no responsibility whatsoever is accepted by the Company
for any loss or damage arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.