On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 13:46 -0700, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
> This means the MTA which attempted delivery will retry again.

But the issue here is that Jason is talking about MUAs, not MTAs...

> When I added the line to my aliases file, and tried to send a message
> to the account with Thunderbird, the message that I added to my
> aliases file was displayed in Thunderbird, but the message was not
> queued for delivery on the mail server.  I'd be fine if the sending
> user got a message that their message was queued for delivery.  Is
> this the correct behaviour? or am I misunderstanding?

What Jason needs is an ACL that accepts MUA submissions (which are
authenticated, aren't they?), but a router/transport pair that
subsequently defers according to the contents of the "temporary stop
delivery" file.

Now how he'd get to that state I'm not about to work out,
unfortunately... rather too much else to do before sleeping tonight!

Graeme