--On 7 December 2008 18:05:35 +1100 Ted Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> It's hardly a solution in that it doesn't do what I want. I want to be
>> able to look at the reason for the 550 rejection. So if it's "unknown
>> user" it gets treated differently from "relaying denied". If I had that
>> I could make a choice to refusing an email or accepting it and storing
>> it.
>
> There are no ACLs or any kind of configuration options available for
> outgoing SMTP connections that would give you the control needed. No one
> is going to code it for you.

But, actually, that's not an unreasonable request. We're talking about call
forwards. Exim MUST have access to the reply after a call forward, which IS
being used in an ACL. I don't know the code, but I'd imagine it would be
reasonable to ask that more information about the call forward is made
available.

I'd like to be able to get the SMTP greeting from a callout, so that I can
log statistics about server types, for example. And, so that I can better
advise third parties with misconfigured servers.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex