I added the the  example.com domain to the

"domainlist relay_to_domains" and it did not work

I then added the domain to route_out  and it didnt work

I then added the domain to the  route_in  and it still doesnt work

I finally tried adding the domain to "maual_route" and it still fails

it doesnt seem to know that any mail going to the new  example.com should go to
the internal mail server