When you make tests with exim -bt, it shows you which router is used to
forward that message.

|# exim -bt
|> supp...@microsoft.com
|supp...@microsoft.com
|  router = dnslookup, transport = remote_smtp

As far as I understood, you already have some domains working just as they
have to.
Make test for any of them, and you will see which router forwards mail to
the right location.
Then go to the config file, and look at that router. For example, my router
for external mail:

|begin routers
|dnslookup:
|  driver = dnslookup
|  domains = ! +local_domains
|  transport = remote_smtp

So if I want to have some domain delivered locally, I add that domain to
domainlist local_domains
In router config you will see which list you have to update.

Hope that helps.

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 08:42:43PM -0400, jean-paul natola wrote:

> actually its freebsd
>
> and i have just went through the config file line by line  and I
> cannot  figure out why it does not realize that the new domain is
> local
>
> would I be frowned upon if i postted my config file?

Assuming you're going for option (2), I would suggest you:

- Put your config on the web somewhere (e.g. your own web site, or a
"pastebin"-style site)
- If you're using lookup files, then include them too, or at least examples
of what each lookup file looks like
- If you do choose to make any edits to the data before posting it (e.g. for
  passwords or other sensitive data), please keep them to a minimum, and
  clearly state what data you've changed (so we know what's real and what's
  not) - see http://wiki.exim.org/DontObfuscate for more information
- Then post back to this list with the URLs where we can read your config,
  clearly stating the problem (I do X, I want Y to happen, but Z happens
  instead)
- Hope that someone will kindly volunteer their free time to tell you the
  answer to your problem.

Regards,

--
Dave Evans