On 20/01/2023 18:18, Johnnie W Adams via Exim-users wrote:
      I've been doing some research on recipient verification to eliminate
bounces, and am wondering if it's as simple something like this at the end
of my ACL list:

acl_check_vrfy:

   deny

         senders = ''

         !verify = recipient/callout

      Surely it's not that simple, but I'm at a loss as to what else is
needed

You didn't say when you'd be calling this ACL, nor why you'd
only be verifying bounces.  Not generating bounces yourself
is also worthy, which means validating recipients of nonbounce
messages; using the routers and possibly transports to do the
validation (which is what "verify" does) is one way.

I assume the recipients you are validating are non-local
to this box, since you specify callout.  But you could be
confused about the intent of recipient verification.

--
Cheers,
  Jeremy