On 15/04/2023 17:00, Fabio Martins wrote:
I believe you are trying to use the same IP address for the 3 exim instances, otherwise the solution would be quite simple binding each instance to the proper IP address. Right? Or do you have 3 different public IP addresses?

That's correct - there is only one IP address on the VPS/proxy - which needs to serve all the Exim servers behind

If you have only 1 public IP, does a solution forwarding to a subdomain via system_aliases+dsearch+local_parts+cron job updating user list, would satisfy?

example:

a...@company1.com -> a...@internal.company1.com
e...@company1.com -> e...@internal.company1.com
key...@business2.com -> key...@internal.business2.com
s...@designer3.com -> s...@internal.designer3.com
cont...@designer3.com -> cont...@internal.designer3.com

I can't say that I am really following what you are trying to suggest - but I don't think having emails on subdomains would help with my problem

--

On 2023-04-15 11:53, Sebastian Arcus via Exim-users wrote:
I have a number of Exim servers behind a NAT gateway (actually connected with vpn's to a cloud vps - but I'm hoping this is not relevant to this post). I would like the gateway to send incoming port 25 traffic to the correct Exim server based on SNI in incoming TLS packets - as different Exim instances serve different email domains. The setup would look like this:

                      [Internet]

                    (smtp port 25)

                   [Cloud server]

[Exim server 1]    [Exim server 2]    [Exim server 3]

I would have preferred to do this at IP tables level - but apparently not really possible. It seems the next option would be HAProxy. Has anyone here used HAProxy or run a setup as above, or know if this is actually doable? Any suggestions much appreciated.