James wrote:

> I posted about this problem a couple weeks ago and someone posted a
> solution, but I had gone ahead and done a reinstall of the system.  In
> the meantime I find I need to thry that very same solution but no
> longer have the message to refer to.  Whoever posted it I would
> appreciate a resend.
>
> I did an upgrade on a Mandrake install to the latest 5.3.  However for
> all KDE applications and files on the menu in KDE all K apps are
> duplicated.
>
> If the person who sent the solution to try would resend it, It would
> be most appreciated.

hello

when updating a rpm package, some files are kept under the ".sav"
extension. So the .kdelnk files (which describe the menu entries) are
duplicated - please run:

        rm -f `find /opt/kde/share/applnk -name *.kdelnk.rpmsave -print`

and restart the window manager (K->panel->restart). It should work.

Note that this little script has been put in the new kdebase package
(in %postinst section) and I wonder why it does not seem to work.. :-/

Greets,

        Gael.

--
< Gael DUVAL - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://linuxmandrake.com >
QPL : "With the release of this license, KDE and the Qt Free Edition