Here is the hardware that I am running :

Processor : Intel Pentium II 350
Mainboard : FIC Mainboard w/BX chipset and AGP slot
Memory : 128 MB SDRAM (PC100 Compliant)
Video Card : Diamond SpeedStar A50 AGP 8MB SiS6326 Chipset
Monitor : CTX VL700 17in

I have tried numerous configurations and I have changed the XF86Config file
so many times I have lost count.  My problem is that KDE is not painting
windows and menus correctly.  Whenever I right click the mouse I get a
black square rather than a menu with options.  The icons, background, and
the bottom button bar are all correctly drawn.  When I open windows or apps
I get a main window frame but I am missing the content inside the window
(it is partially there but is mostly a black area.)  After setting up the
XServer to run with the SiS6326 Chipset I have a problem with the mouse
cursor becoming a one inch by one inch square.  The only mode that the
system works correctly in is VGA (I want to avoid VGA 640x480 if you know
what I mean.)  I have tried all color depths that my card would allow and
all different modes.  I have tried selecting different monitor types and
changing the refresh rates.  Does anyone out there have any idea how I
would go about getting X to work correctly with my card?  Is there anyone
out there who is running X (kde) with a Diamond Speedstar A50?  Any advice
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Tom McCurdy, Jr.

 |  Thomas McCurdy, Jr.          |          ©    ©
 |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |            /\
 |  Platinum Technology, Inc.    |           \__/ Have a nice day!