On Don, 29 Apr 1999, you wrote: / Am Don, 29 Apr 1999 schrieben Sie:
> mike montgomery wrote:
>
> > while running netscape click on edit then preferences then click on font.
> > You will get a list of the fonts to choose from. You also can resize them.
>
> Well, will you believe it, when I do this, nothing significant happens !
> NetScape redraws evrything, but the font is still desperately smaaal, giving
> www browsing on Linux/X that weird feel.. :-\
>
> Why are the "increase/decrease " menu entries grayed out ? Very frustrating,
> that..
>
> ...sorry to sneak in (NS 4.08 on RH 5.2)
>
> Bye

Hm, do you are per chance run xfstt and have TrueTypes chosen? xfstt
doesn't scale TrueTypes.
Switch back to a default font like helvetica, make sure you have the
100-dpi-fonts installed. Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config. Mine looks like this:
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled"
[asf.]
That ensures that the large fonts are loaded first.

tom

--
"Anybody complaining about a copyright license is a whiner."
(Linus Torvalds)