Hi,

      I recompiled and installed my kernel. After rebooting lilo comes up as
normal. However, after I type in
linux I get the starting linux message and it hangs. I thought it may be my
kernel so I reinstalled the
rpm's for the old one and rebooted. Same problem. I can boot off of a boot disk
fine but this is annoying.
I tried editing my lilo.conf file and ran lilo -c, didn't work, I then added
linear to the configuration
didn't work.  I boot to the os2 boot manager from hda which then loads lilo
from a second hard drive hdc
lilo then should be pointing to my boot directory on hda5.

Here's my fstab file:
/dev/hda6               /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
/dev/hdc1               /boot                   ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hdc5               Swap001                 swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hda7               Swap002                 swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc6               /opt                    ext2    defaults        1 3
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             ext2    noauto          0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  mode=0622       0 0

heres my lilo.conf file:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.9-19mdksmp
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda6
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.9-19mdk
        label=linux-up
        root=/dev/hda6
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos
        table=/dev/hda

Anyone please give me some suggestions or point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Sheldon.