On Mon, 05 Jul 1999, Karen R wrote:
> anyone an expert on the kde?
>
> using LM 5.3
>
> i was connected to the internet and a friend telnetted into my machine.
> he wanted me to go out of kde to the command, which i did; and when i
> came back into kde, the modem icon in the tray on the panel was gone.
> and since i'm hooked on those red/green blinking lights :-), am
> wondering if there is a way to get it back into the tray and its still
> connected with my isp.

Did you log out of KDE? If so, it shut down all programs started under KDE,
including kppp. If you want the connection to start automatically everytime you
start KDE, just drag a link to kppp into the autostart directory on your
desktop. Under LM5.3, you can find kppp under /opt/kde/bin. Just drag it over
and select "link" when it asks you.

A better way to get to the command line would be 1) start an xterm or konsole;
or 2) type ctrl+alt+F2, then type ctrl+alt+F7 to get back to KDE.

--
Arandir...