On Wed, 07 Jul 1999, Jacques Le Marois wrote:
> Chmouel Boudjnah wrote:
> >
> > > 2)  When I try to install the updated printtool package (using rpm -Uvh
> > > printtool-3.40-5mdk.noarch.rpm) I am given this message:
> > > error: failed dependencies:
> > >         >= is needed by printtool-3.40-5mdk
> >
> > it's was a bug with rpm, check the last version (6mdk).
>
> However this bug is not important. It's just because the rpm use to build the
> rpm got the bug - not the package. So rpm -Uvh --nodeps should be ok.
>
> Jacques

Yeah, as I said in my original note I know I can bypass it with the --nodeps
option.  My main concern was that it also popped up a big failed dependency
error message during installation if you are installing a self-updated M6
distribution from the HD (or a burned CD), which is only bad if I burn some
updated M6 CD's and hand them to some easily-scared newbies to try out.

But the recent 6mdk rpm Chmouel mentioned doesn't have that messed up
dependency, so all is well. :)

-Tom