On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, you wrote:
--I've uncommented the line in httpd.conf
-
-# To use CGI scripts:
-AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
-
-I'm using apache-1.3.6-50mdk
-When I try to run a script that is not in the cgi-bin I get the
-following Error
-403
-Forbidden
-
-You don't have permission to access /Weekly/CHARTS/index.cgi on this
-server.
-To test it I have chmod 777 but still no luck.
-Before I get flamed about perl scripts not in cgi-bin, this script is on
-a secure intranet.
-It worked perfectly on redhat 5.2 with apache 1.3.2

A couple of possibilities.

First, one of the directories in the path has an owner/perm combination
that forbids nobody (or whatever user apache runs as on your system)
from executing a file in it.

Second, you do not have a <directory> declaration allowing scripts to
be run from /Weekly/CHARTS/.  In access.coinf add somethig like:

<Directory {path to /Weekly/CHARTS} >
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI
</Directory>