On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 18:42:11 -0700, Stephen Carville
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>How can I set up a Linux box as a time server?  I have an older (5.2)
>box acting as a NAT server and firewall for my home network.  Since
>this machine is up 7x24 I have a cron job that syncs the clock nightly
>to time.nist.gov.

Xntpd is the best way.  It will be more difficult to configure it the
first time, but once you get past that, the effort will be worthwhile.

I don't see any man page for it, but docs are in the /usr/doc/xntp???
directory, at least on the cooker install I just did.

>I would like to re-export this data so I can sync the clocks on other
>machines using rdate.  I tried timed but this did not do it (unless I
>did something wrong)

Xntpd for that too.