I have been unable to make mod_ssl + openssl modules work with Mandrake 6.0
The apache child serving any conection just dies without sending anything.
In error_log it says:

[notice] child pid xxx exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

However in ssl conection it sends the certificate to the client before it
dies.
If I don't include the httpd.conf.ssl the Apache works well (without SSL, of
course)

I have installed all upgrades recommended from Mandrake page. I have tested
it on 3 sistems (Cyrix 166/64M, K6 333/64M and Intel MMX 200/128M) with the
same results. I have even installed an altogether different Apache server
package with more recent mod_ssl and openssl. This one at least works well
in normal connections but still dies in ssl.
Any thoughts?