Andrew Mitchell wrote:

> I'm still having the segfault from VMWare using the Mandrake-compiled
> kernels (both 2.2.9-27 and 2.2.10-34), and I was wondering, has this
> prblem been fixed with the latest 2.2 kernel in cooker? My 30-day
> licence is fast running out, so I guess that I'd better get it fixed
> fast (or setup some email aliases ;-)  )
> --
> *===================================================*
> |             Andrew Mitchell                       |
> | Email       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 |
> | Home Page   http://members.tripod.com/Ajmitchell/ |
> | ICQ         11392490 (ajmitch)                    |
> *===================================================*

Try this:

0)  Uninstall VMware
1)  In the vmware-distrib directory (as root) untar the driver-only.tar file:
            tar xvf driver-only.tar
2)  Modify vmware-distrib/driver-only/common/hostif.h by replacing 0xc0000000
    with 0x80000000
3)  Recreate the tar file with the following command:
            tar cvf driver-only.tar driver-only/*
4)  Reinstall VMware  (./install.pl)

The vmware-prob has something to do with the large kernel support in M's
kernels. The prob is known to vmware.inc and will be dealt with.

Regards

tom