Tom Berger wrote:
> Try this:
>
> 0)  Uninstall VMware
> 1)  In the vmware-distrib directory (as root) untar the driver-only.tar file:
>             tar xvf driver-only.tar
> 2)  Modify vmware-distrib/driver-only/common/hostif.h by replacing 0xc0000000
>     with 0x80000000
> 3)  Recreate the tar file with the following command:
>             tar cvf driver-only.tar driver-only/*
> 4)  Reinstall VMware  (./install.pl)

OK, it died here trying to rebuild the driver, with a whole heap of
unresolved symbols like dev_get_R6be50be0  ,which makes me think
something is broken. I tried extracting vmware to a new dir and trying,
but it still died for some reason. An attempted install of an unmodified
VMWare did the same thing. It worked fine last week with the same
kernel, so there must be some files left behind.

--
|             Andrew Mitchell                       |