[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hello,
>         I tried to install several KDE apps from Red Hat RPMs.  After
> installing them I got strange behavior from them..missing bitmaps etc.
>
>         I discovered that Mandrake doesn't use the /opt/kde directory as
> KDE's home.

Redhat does neither. In fact M has been changed the location of KDE from
/opt/kde to /usr to *comply* with Redhat's silly opinions on where to put
files.
What apps are you referring to? Could you please do a
rpm -ql [packagename]
on a Redhat KDE package and have a look where the bitmaps should have been
installed?

Regards

tom