Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Sep 1999, Alan Shoemaker wrote:
>
> > Axalon Bloodstone wrote:
> >
> > > I believe the card will run with the Mach64 Xserver, it will definately
> > > work with the FBDev server (far as i can tell you'd have to be a sound
> > > card not to work with the FBDev)
> > >
> > > --
> > > MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
> > >                                         --Axalon
> >
> > Axalon....that's not Mediasoft's answer.  They say that:
> >
> > "Some one has been working on a drive[r] for the ATI Rage Fury and it
> > appears to be working fine."
> >
> > Someone from Mediasoft answered me privately.  I was promised an email
> > copy when it is completed (I don't have an ATI Rage Fury, I was just
> > trying to help someone who couldn't get his to work).  You want a copy
> > when I get it?
> >
> > What's the FBDev and where is it available?
>
> So uh wheres my copy of the source :) surely they didn't write the whole
> server from scratch. But like i said you pretty much need to be a sound
> card to not run with framebuffer. Especialy with the new 16 color generic
> driver in the newer kernels.
>
> [root@homie linux]# rpm -qi XFree86-FBDev-3.3.4-5mdk
> Name        : XFree86-FBDev                Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 3.3.4                             Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 5mdk                          Build Date: Sat Aug 21
> 14:31:46 1999
> Install date: Thu Aug 26 08:57:37 1999      Build Host:
> kenobi.mandrakesoft.com
> Group       : User Interface/X Hardware Support   Source RPM:
> XFree86-3.3.4-5mdk.src.rpm
> Size        : 1806324                          License: MIT
> Packager    : Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Summary     : The X server for the generic frame buffer device on some
> machines.
> Description :
> This is the X server for the generic frame buffer device used on
> Amiga, Atari and Macintosh/m68k machines.
>
> Support for Intel and Alpha architectures is included in the Linux
> 2.2 kernel, as well.
> [root@homie linux]#

Axalon....I'll email you whatever Mediasoft emails me.  So, you're
saying that there's an mdk compiled version of XFree86-FBDev-3.3.4-5mdk
and that folks can get it from a Mandrake mirror site and use it for
video cards that are not directly supported by the regular version of
XFree86?  Is that correct?

Alan