At 04:47 PM 9/14/99 -0600, Ron Smith wrote:
>Another good topic...
>
>> Just turn on sharing for the printer in Windows 95. Then use the print tool
>> setup printing from your linux box.
>
>The computer that holds Mandrake 6.0 is on a 5-port hub.  Two of the computers
>on the hub are running Windows 98, one is running Windows 95, and then there
>is the Mandrake box.  What I see at installation and/or running printtool is
>four options:
>
>1)  Local Printer
>2)  Remote Unix (lpd) Queue
>3)  SMB/Windows 95/NT Printer
>4)  NetWare Printer (NCP)
>
>Well, during the install I had ruled out all but option 3 and told the install
>process that I would install the printer later.  Wouldn't you know it - I am
>just as confused about the settings now as I was then.  Here's what I have:
>
>Names:                                    lp
>Spool Directory:                     /var/spool/lpd/lp
>File Limit in Kb:                      0
>Hostname of Printer Server: Ron2
>IP number of Server:
>Printer Name:                          hp
>User:                                        <blank>
>Password:                               <blank>
>Wordgroup:                             WORKGROUP
>Input Filter:                               *auto* - DeskJet550
>
>The printer (HP DeskJet 694C) is attached to WORKGROUP computer Ron2 (which is
>a Windows 98 box).  I have tried to print with and without the optional 'IP
>number of Server' (which is 10.0.0.3) and get nothing.  The hub lights flash
>for the appropriate computers - but the printer just sits there looking dumb!
>
>I even rebooted the computer - and still nothing.
>
>Any hints or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

You have the printer shared on it's host box? If so, then try adding it to
the other 95/98 boxes. If you can print from the other boxes then the
problem lies with your configuration above. Everything looks fine except
you'll probably need the ip address of the server unless you have Ron2 in
your /etc/hosts.

--
Jason Bodnar + Tivoli Systems = [EMAIL PROTECTED]