On Thu, 16 Sep 1999, Vincent Danen wrote:

> Instead of writing a few messages, I figured I'd ask all my questions in
> this one, so please bear with me.
>
> I have a genuine SoundBlaster PRO ISA soundcard and for the life of me I
> can't get the bloody thing to work under Mandrake (or RedHat) with
> soundconfig... even lothar didn't set it up right.  The only time I got it
> working was using OSS under SuSE...  should I install OSS under Mandrake
> and use it instead of sndconfig?  How is this going to affect the sound
> daemon, enlightenment's sound, etc if I do?

If you want to install it install it it won't break it, but isapnp should
really be able to handle it.

None that i know of.

> Time configs.  People are using atomic clocks and other time servers to
> update their own clocks.  How do I do this?  Do I need a time server in my
> own timezone?  I tried doing this with some tips in Linux Journal (Sept 99
> issue) and the NTP servers, but I could never find one in my own timezone
> (MST7MDT).  Is there a way to offset the reported time?  Ie. if I pick an
> NTP server that is GMT0 is there a way I can have a perl script (I'm
> assuming there is a program to do this also, but I don't know what it
> is... enlightenment there would help) report it back as my local timezone
> or give an offset (ie. -7)?

xnntp just needs the offset told to it if i remeber correctly, rdate does
the timezone conversion automagicly, but even if it didn't time.nist.gov
is in your timezone

> Dang... there was another question, but now I can't remember it... =(

The answer is blue.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon