I've had good luck with a parallel port zip and a Toshiba Satelite
(sp?). The transfer rate is not stellar but works for things like 10 -
20 Mb (much more and the wait can be a pain. Then again it's cheap,
reliable, and modular. I load and unlod the modules as I need them and
plug and unplug without reboots or problems.
I'd love to have a USB solution but that is not here yet.