I think cron weekly is calling something where the data files to be expanded are
corrupt.  ElectricFence (efence) is a debugger, and tixwish would be associated
with tcl/tk.  Best thing to do is look in /etc/cron.weekly and see what things
are executing.

I have 0anacron to update timestamps and one with the single command line

makewhatis -w

It is designed to update the manual pages, mostly, and it does make calls to cat,
zcat, and bzcat.

If you are getting corrupt files and have not had power-outs or improper
shutdowns, it is tiime to check the disk.  The return spring on the voice coil
can change characteristics with time and make sectors tracks and cylinders bad,
because the heads no longer position to the same spot.  It is unusual, but it can
happen, and the eventual solution is either disk replacement or low-level format.

Anyway, check the disk with

e2fsck -c /dev/hdax

where x is the appropriate number for each linux filesystem, e.g.

e2fsck -c /dev/hda5

If this in itself does not cure the problem, reload those files reported corrupt
and perhaps bzcat as well.  Simple way it to use your install disk and choose
"Upgrade" then individual packages.  It is also possible to do the same job with
rpm or kpackage.

Civileme