Hoyt wrote:

> You could add a section to the lilo.conf file pointing to the bootable
> image; it should add the ability to boot to the "new" kernel as well as the
> old.

Yes, it works!

Thanks a lot, Hoyt!

You have to:

**      Create a new directory EX : /mandrake

**      copy everything from
                /cdrom/dosutils/autoexec_something_
        into it (see below)

**      modify /etc/lilo.conf like this

        image=/mandrake/vmlinuz
        initrd=/mandrake/initrd.img
        root=/dev/ram
        label=mandrake

**      Run lilo again
**      reboot, and type mandrake at the boot prompt

Some notes:

1) This method shoud be added to the installation manual
   even if it only works when LILO is already there.

2) How the heck do I make a boot floppy now?

3) X doesn't work well with the previous, perfectly tuned Modelines.
   Thin white lines blink in the upper-left part of the screen,
   1/2 times /sec. Image is stable, nitid and centered apart from that.
   I noticed the installer detects a CT65550 chip when it is a CT65545,
   could that be the reason? How could I fix it?

        TIA,
                Marco Fioretti