Dear Barry:

Excellent instructions and I am considering implementing it:

1) Does this in any compromise my security? I am on the Internet all the
time when my computer is on (I have ADSL broadband and am, technically
speaking, considered to be on a LAN by Bellsouth event though I am a
single user on a single machine at home.

2) What's technially wrong with the Update button on the user's desktop
in Mandrake? Why is it not working? It goes through the entire process.
It shows you the rpms, ask for your password (I make sure I give it the
right one. If not, it tells me that) and then it clams shut. Is it a
bug?

Thank you so much.

Benjamin
--