On Sat, 23 Oct 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 23, 1999 at 01:36:36AM +0000, Ramon Gandia wrote:
> > Larry Sword wrote:
> > >
> > > Try /dev/sdc0
> >
> > My ATAPI cd burner mounts as /dev/sga
>
> Mine shows as /dev/sr0 in the boot logs, but mounts from /dev/scd0.
>
> Strange little buggers, aren't they?  :)

Should mount as either (eject doesnt seem to work with scd0 though)
ls -l /dev/sr0 /dev/scd0
brw-rw-r--   1 root     cdwriter  11,   0 May  5  1998 /dev/scd0
brw-rw-r--   1 root     cdwriter  11,   0 Oct 22 01:14 /dev/sr0

-
For the original poster,
copy the /dev/cdrom line you already have in fstab, replace /mnt/cdrom
with /mnt/cdrw, and /dev/cdrom with /dev/scd0 or /dev/sr0.

Ass for auto loading the ide-scsi module so you can mount it easy, there
are two suggested ways (both from this list, check archive for details)
in your /etc/conf.modules add either
alias scsi_hostadapter0 ide-scsi
I may have typed this one wrong add a _ between host and adapter if so
or
alias block-major-11 ide-scsi

and you will not have to worry about ide-scsi needing modprobed by hand.

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon