Marion Krahn wrote:

> Can anybody help me to solve the problem, or know anybody another
> burning programm that offers the ability for a direct copy?

But you only mention having one CDROM drive!    To do a direct copy,
you will obviously need a CDROM reader and a CDROM writer, which is 2
devices, not one (and even then may strike timing problems).
xcdroast insists on two devices for direct copying.   In all cases,
copying through a hard disk image is safer.   I have a whole 650Mb
mountable partition reserved for just that.

Regards,

Ron Stodden (AU)