:>I have a request, since we are talking about fax solutions for Linux. I
:>would like to see a fax client for Linux capable of working with a
:>Winfax Pro 9 fax server. Since this works as the typical "print driver"
:>format of fax client/server, I'm sure it wouldn't be too be of a chore
:>for a skilled developer to come up with a gui and get the print stream
:>correct.

Sure. Just how much are you going to pay for it :-)

Talking about the fax:

In the meantime, I have set-up my fax-server with mgetty+sendfax. I like
it very much as it is:

1) SENDING FAXES:

      faxspool <NUMBER|ALIAS> file(s)

or

      lpr -P fax -C <NUMBER|ALIAS|name@NUMBER> file(s)

To make life even easier for my wife, I have also defined a "faxscan"
function:

function faxscan () {
        echo "scaning the image and sending it to $1"
        scanimage --resolution 204 |lpr -P fax -C $1
}

:-)

As an extra, all the faxes withh numbers beginning with "0" get an
additional "1007" in front which lowers my telephone bill :-))

2) RECEIVING FAXES

All the received faxes are e-mailed to me and to my wife as mime-encoded
e-mail attachements.

However, I had to invest quite some time to get it working, and had to
change some scripts...

As soon as I have finished the setup at work, I will post it here and
send e-mails to authors of the addons i used and changes I had to make. I
hope someone will put a new RPM together with all the stuff on its place.

(I still do not understand some implications of the lpr->fax gateway. In
particular, i have not yet tried it at work, so i can just hope network
printing will work properly).

cu
        Denis

PS. Has anybody got the "KSendfax" working?
Denis Havlik  |||   http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik
             (@ @)  [EMAIL PROTECTED]