Hi

I have found two X- (kde-) related bugs in mandrake:

1) in kde, screen locking does not work properly with NIS accounts.

        current solution is setting the kcheckpass "suid root".

2) Users are not warned that they have to change passwords,
because the passwd is going to expire soon. I have heard that this
condition even crashes xdm, but have not verified it since I use kdm.

        My current attempt at a solution is checking for this condition in
        "Give console". However it seams as if the kdm would ignore the
        "GiveConsole". Any ideas?

My whish would be to check for the existence of "./ssh/identity" and
"ssh-agent" in (standard) Xsession. If both are found, one should exec

"ssh-agent startkde"

instead of just "startkde" in the "Xsession". Same with the gnome/Wm & co.

I can post my altered "Xsession" which does exactly this if you are
willing to give it a try.

Yours
        Denis

P.S. Sorry for cross-posting. I think this is interesting for both mailing
lists, and I am not sure how many people actually subscribe both of them,
or where to post in order to reach both developers and "experts".
Mag. Denis Havlik  <http://www.ap.univie.ac.at/users/havlik>
University of Vienna    |||     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Austria                (@ @)       tel: (++431) 4277/51179