Ok i installed corel linux yesterday an when it booted I get lots of
traffic showing up on my hub from the linux box an win98 box.
i then blew away corel an put mandrake on the linux box an i get the same
thing. nothing it going out over the cable modem just between the two boxes
but I can not determin what is causing the traffic. I have sygate running
on the win98 box for now to share the net access from the cable modem, it
is supplying an ip go the linux box via dhcp. Can someont tell me where to
look to see what is causing all this traffic. the lights on the hub are
going 90 to nuthing. i can unplug one cat5 cable from hub an in a littlw
while hook it back an the traffic is stopped an i have internet access.
then sometimes even that will not work. Im at a loss for now as what to
look for
thanks in advance for helping

jack
Jack Malone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ballistic.com/~jemalone

Luke 4:18-19
        "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach
good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
        to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
(NIV)