At 11:31 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Steve Philp wrote:

Ok i got my problem solved with the traffic between the two boxes,
win98/linux.
I just changed from hdcp to a static ip address on the linux box an it put
a stop to the all the traffic going between the two boxes. still not sure
what was causing the traffic when i was not doing anthing but it is seemed
to be fixed now. Thanks for the info you all provided.

Now i have a question on samba shares. My win98 box can see the sa\mba
share but wants a password. How do i setup the password so that it can see
the network an acfcess the linux box thanks.

jack
Jack Malone
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.ballistic.com/~jemalone

Luke 4:18-19
        "The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach
good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed,
        to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
(NIV)