On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Bartłomiej Muryn wrote:

> [...]

Now thats an idea I never even considered (disableing from bios the dma33)

> Results are:
> 1. Kernel is loaded to memory w/o problemz, then uncompressed.
> 2. I`v got: "PIIX4: device disabled (BIOS)" GREAT!!!
> 3. But when all disks and CDrom are correctly detected, kernel says:
> "ide0 at 0xcc00-0xcc07,0xd002 on irq 15
>  ide1 at 0xd800-0xd807,0xdc02 on irq 15"
> And system hangs up!

I doubt these are the correct addresses then, specify them to the kernel
and it should continue.

> So it will be the "(...)booting support isn't yet available for the
> chipset.(...)"
> So,

Sure it is, as i've done it. I even posted how it was acomplished

> 4. I copied the "/" (root) filesystem to the second drive (not an ata/66, on
> normal ide1, I enabled it in BIOS, I updated the mounts in /etc/fstab and
> restarted again.
> the reaction of kernel was the SAME!

How can you have a second drive that comes before the first :) english is
not your native tounge i'll assume.
Did you reset the boot order so it boots from [cdef] instead of ext, also
make sure ext boot method is set to udma66 not scsi when your booting that
way