On 23 Nov, Devin Vo wrote:
- Thanks for the explanation.
-
- 1. It's definitely coming from the outside (ip address in my "secure" log)
- 2. Who ever is attempting is not by mistake because they keep coming back.
- 3. Telnet port is open because I need to login into the machine while away
- from home.
- 4. A connect and disconnect attempt gives a different message(whether you
- enter user/passwd or not)
-     "login: FAILED LOGIN SESSION FROM"
-
- Again I don't think they made it in but seeing them coming back everyday
- bothers me.

If you have a 7x24 connection I suggest you get secure shell

ftp://ftp.zedz.net/pub/crypto/redhat/SRPMS/

Then disable telent for the outside connection.

--
Stephen Carville
A well educated citizenry, being essential to the maintenance of a free