Hmm.  On a philosophical front, I disagree that is not sun's
problem.  I think it is.

  If Linux is to achieve "world domination," then it and its applications
must take care of the blind, ignorant, (and sometimes idiot) user.

  DOS and Wind*ws and Mac applications and OS tends to hold peoples hands,
making it more difficult (not impossible) to screw up an installation to
the point a single user can't use it.  Mind you I'm not talking about
security.

  I've been an idiot in the past. I've been ignorant more often.  I've
struggled with Linux and its applications. I've usually won.

  However, only 5 to 10 percent of the world can handle a computer with
any reasonable certainty of success.  The other 90 to 95 percent need an
appliance, but think they want a computer.  To get linux into their hands,
it needs to be more like an appliance.  And that includes application
installs.

  As much as I hate to admit it, Corel might be on the right path.  They
don't have it right yet, but they are heading the right direction.

bug