On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Jean-Louis Debert wrote:

> Axalon Bloodstone wrote:
> > All canon laser printers use the "Windows printing system", it's a big
> > paper weight..
>
> Well, not _all_ ! The LBP4's and LBP8's, although more vintage,
> work correctly (if only at 300dpi).
> In fact the engine of the LBP8 has been used at one time by _many_
> laser printers, most notably the Laserjet II.

They would never ship us any of those here to denver so we rerouted all
those calls back to virginia, so I never got to support those. This is
just what the tech that actualy did his training in virginia told me. At
one point in time (two years ago) canon made 95% of the print engines
sold so thats not too suppriseing.