I asked this in the KDE list and someone said to use the Shift+AltGr
key to get special characters (such as the cents sign, etc)
Unfortunately, even after discovering that on MY keyboard the AltGr
key is the right-alt key, I'm still unable to get it to work. This is
supposedly the "compose" key, but nothing happens when I hit that
combo plus a couple others (such as "/" and 'c' together which is
supposed to allow me to get the cents symbol!)
Any ideas??? FWIW, I"m using a true-blue IBM PS/2 keyboard here, a
standard 101-key keyboard, with no "Windows" keys or anything like
that. :-)
Thanks...
        John