John Aldrich wrote:

> I asked this in the KDE list and someone said to use the Shift+AltGr
> key to get special characters (such as the cents sign, etc)
> Unfortunately, even after discovering that on MY keyboard the AltGr
> key is the right-alt key, I'm still unable to get it to work. This is
> supposedly the "compose" key, but nothing happens when I hit that
> combo plus a couple others (such as "/" and 'c' together which is
> supposed to allow me to get the cents symbol!)
> Any ideas??? FWIW, I"m using a true-blue IBM PS/2 keyboard here, a
> standard 101-key keyboard, with no "Windows" keys or anything like
> that. :-)
> Thanks...
>         John

Ummm,

You've probably already checked this, but what does /etc/X11/XF86Config
say about your keyboard?  As I recall there are several different
methods of setting up that "Meta" Key.  If you can track down a copy of
the old "xf86config" program, it will interactively review most of them
for you.

Civileme