I am using KDE-1.1.2 on Mandrake/Venus and am having a very minor, but
annoying, reoccuring problem.  Every time that I start KDE as a user it insists
on putting all of the default installation icons on the desktop.  If I take the
unwanted icons out of /home/smolnar/Desktop KDE puts them right back in, either
when I close that session or open the next one.  (This doesn't happen in the
root desktop.)

>From whence come the unwanted icons and how may I eliminate the annoyance.

Thanks in advance.

---
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.                             Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry                             Multivariant and stochastic
http://web.jadeinc.com/FoundationChem