Just out of curiosity, what are the security levels and what do they do?  I dont
remember this ever being an issue during any installation of Redhat or Mandrake?
Is this something that has been around for a while or is it something new?  What
is done to the partition in addition to write/read permissions for "ugo"

Thanks,

Werner

Andrew George wrote:

> I couple odd odd things I've noticed with Air (Mandrake 7.0)
>
> I think someone mentioned problems with locking on the Win Partition. I changed
> my fstab options on hda1 to user, exec,dev,suid which seems to fix it and put
> the drive on low security (which is what I wanted).
>
> Other stuff....whenever I change the volume in kmix, a reboot resets it to the
> default (ultra-loud) level (any help with that would be appreciated)
>
> And another oddity, I was in Kpm and noticed that the graphic doesn't show my
> swap partition at all (the bar representing how much swap is used shows 0/0).
> Every other system monitor, from Ktop Gtop and even the individual process
> entries in KPM all show swap space in use (and files allocated to the swap).
>
> Andrew
begin:vcard
n:Niebel;Werner
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Cisco Systems, Inc.;Manchester, NH 03103
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Hardware Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-17472