Cajus....was this in the user account created during
installation?  In that account, I couldn't change the colors (I
disliked the yellow title bars on the windows).  So when the
suggestion came from a message on this list to delete the
account made during installation and make a new one, I did so
and it solved the problem.  Your method is much less labor
intensive than recreating an account that's already been heavily
customised :-)

Alan