Ok. I have tried sending this to cooker list several times and it never
shows up over there.

Here is my computer
Dual Celeron 466, 256 meg ram.
BP6 motherboard,  I am not using the HPT66 connectors on the
motherboard, ( waiting till drivers are stable.)
This machine was running Mandrake 6.1 till first of last week when I
wiped it clean to install Mandrake 7.

Here is my problem
I am doing an expert install and choosing medium security setting in the
install process. The install all seems to be fine. It detects my network
card, ( one note here, It does not detect the correct network setting
like mandrake 5.3 - 6.1 did, the gateway and dns servers are incorrect)
I put in the correct ip numbers for the network setting and continue, I
even tried the crypto download one time to make sure the network is
working at that point and it is. Then once past the install process the
network is inaccessible. I can not ping that machine from another on the
network nor can I ping out from it.

I have done this 4 times now because I was sure that it was something
that I was doing wrong.
So then I did a Mandrake 6.1 install again to make sure that the
computer was working ok. That worked just fine.

What should I try next?