Well  <chuckles>

I just obtained a NEC 15" monitor/MB/Speaker combo for $325 and to that
I added a K6-2 for $52 (it was a 450) and 128Mb RAM for $146 and an
IBM 16Gb for $149  Brand new $700 computer with respectable speed

The video and sound were on the MB  and were a Trident CyberBlade and a
SB and all runs great with LM 6.1

www.compgeeks.com has a NEC minitower (atx type) with LS-120, 32X CD and
a Socket370 MB capable of 100 MHz bus for about $139.  Add 64Mb PC100
SDRAM and a Celeron 333 from www.computersurplusoutlet.com and a HDD
from anywhere and your own monitor then crank the bus speed up to 75 or
83 or even 100  (chances are the Celeron will work at 100MHz bus and a
consequent 500MHz processor clock) and enjoy.

The NEC Monitor kit is available from www.hitechcafe.com

Of course, I don't know about Air.  It took a week and a day for me to
DL the iso and I haven't had time to burn it yet.  My earlier use of
early Oxygen indicated it was snazzy but the custom selections can bring
trouble, and Upgrades don't seem to work too well even yet though much
better than ever before

Civileme

--
experimentation involving more than 500 trials with an
ordinary slice of bread and a tablespoon of peanut butter