On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Sergio Korlowsky wrote:

> I am using dual boot on one pc, Main OS Linux, secondary Win98...
>
> well, just upgraded to Win2000-Pro and switched from FAT32 to NTFS
>
> obviously the files are not being seen by linux, what should I use
>
> now in fstab, just replace the vfat for auto? or does linux recognizes
>
> ntfs ? what should I try? go back to vfat maybe?  TIA

I know that Linux can at least read NTFS. I'm not sure about writing to it
though. You'll probably need to compile a custom kernel to include NTFS
support, however. I doubt it's in the stock kernel. I suppose you could
just try:

mount -t ntfs /dev/foo /mnt/bar

and find out.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson        | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S. | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/