I am using Mandrake 7.0 and have an Abit MB and two 366 celerons
overclocked to 550. When I install mandrake everything goes good. When I
use the Linux config. from LILO it crashes with a kernel panic. When I use
the Linux-up config it runs fine. I have tried without having the cerlerons
overclocked but still get the same prob. I have used mandrake 6.0 and
everything worked fine using SMP. I don't really know what to do next
besides re-loading 6.0. I have the 2.2.14 kernel and have tried to
re-compile and see what it does, but no luck. Anybody had this prob???
Also, how do you retain current settings when trying to compile a new
kernel. I would like to recompile the Linux-up config by just adding SMP
support, but I can never get my settings back like the were before.

Thanks for any help.