It is not my ISP simply because when I boot under NT
the problem goes away.
Also the traceroute stops at my machine when it
doesn't work. Again the funny thing is the network
comes back alive after some times (between 10 min and
40 min).
I also tried several NIC (3com and Reltek ) and the
problem is persistant.  I also tried Mand. 6.1 and 7.0
and the problem is still there.