On Tue, 08 Feb 2000, someone asked:

> I like them as well, one question...what does cert mean?
> (forgive my ignorance Im new)

[C]omputer [E]mergency [R]esponse [T]eam, run out of Carnegie Mellon.

I'm curious as to why someone would object to seeing CERT advisories on this
list.  It is the expert list, after all, and what "expert" wouldn't want to be
kept upto date on the latest security advisories.

Someone mentioned that it'd be a good idea to make sure that the subject line
contained the appropriate '[OT] CERT Advisory XXXXX' header.  That's good
advice.  Anyone who wishes not to see it at that point can easily filter it
out, and the rest of us (the majority of respondants) will continue to welcome
them.

Alan Robertson