Oeystein Hermansen wrote:

> I found the solution myself.    It was to easy.
>
> In the adminprogram for KISDN, called KCMKISDN, there is a section where
> you set the path to the to deamons.  One path (don't know which since I am
> sitting at work right now) points to /sbin and on to /usr/bin.  In the
> Mandrake setup, they shall both point to /sbin.
>
> Then it worked.  It just couldn't find the deamon to start.
>
> Oystein H.
>
> "Klaus Peter Elsner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 09.02.2000 17:57:13
>
> Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> To:   "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> cc:    (bcc: Oeystein Hermansen/ALLIANSE/NO)
>
> Subject:  Re: [expert] Anybody had trouble with KISDN on Mandrake 7.0
>
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2000 21:27:36 +0100, Oeystein Hermansen wrote:
> ->Just installed KISDN (ISDN package for KDE which work just like Dial-up
> on
> ->      Win98).
> ->Strange thing:  I had used it on Mandrake v6.0 and 6.1 without any
> ->problems.  Installled 7.0 and it still worked.  But after upgrading fraom
> ->7.0 to 7.0-2 (second ISO image), it won't work.
> ->
> ->The error message is "dialing to dev ippp0 failed".
> ->Any suggestions ...
>
> Shure... it's my problem too :-) as far as I'm coming inside the problem I
> knew that there is no ioption.ippp0
> at your system ( which is needed to do the call ).
>
> I'm running MD 6.1 with the latest updates.
> Now I give it a try by installing isdn step by step without kisdn to see
> what has to be where.
>
> let's be in contact to solve OUR problem :-)
>
> Bye Peter
>
> Tel:     +49 (30) 742 61 10
> Fax:    +49 (30) 743 750 02
> e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> ICQ #: 55400701

I guess I don't understand.  I have an external ISDN modem ( Motorola BitSufer
PRO ) hooked to a serial port (ttyS1) and just had to use the kppp dialer that
came with KDE.  It treats it like a regular modem and was SO simple that even I
figured it out on the second try.  Am I not understanding something here or is
there some other type of ISDN modem / router / whatever ??

--
Joseph S. Gardner
Senior Designer / Technical Support

Linux is like a wigwam...