On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> Art Boulatov wrote:
>
> > <<< No Message Collected >>>
>
> Hi,
> I have ASUS P3B-F motherboard with   ASUS ASIC hardware monitor,
> I was trying to find info about that "ASIC", but did not succeed.
>
> The question is - can I have control of the temperatures&volts on Linux
> with this motherboard?
> I'm aware of lm_sensors module, but I don't think it supports ASIC.
> Or could you just point me where I can find info on that topic.
>
> Thanks a lot, Art.

     I had lm-sensors/khealthcare working fine on Mdk 6.0, but with
7.0 I couldn't get the latest lm_sensors (2.4.5) to compile.  It
failed on finding the i2c headers, even tho I compiled those
modules successfully against a 2.2.14 kernel compiled from Mdk
source, and edited lm_sensors makefile as to their location. I got
an older version to compile, but then there were more problems with
that.

   Anyhow, just as I was about to get real frustrated, I noticed on
the website (http://homepages.fh-giessen.de/~hg7229/khealthcare/)
that the older version (0.1-3) of khealthcare doesn't need
lm_sensors.  That is _if_ your motherboard uses the Winbond W83782D
chip. Which is most all of 'em, including my SY 6ba+III.

   I have no idea what 'ASIC' means (Asus i2c ?), but it's prob'ly
worth the small d/l to try khealthcare 0.1, it comes as either a
tar.gz or rpm.  It displays 3 fan speeds, 3 temps, all voltages, has
configurable alarms/warnings, all the same features as the newer
lm-sensors dependent version.
 --
..       Tom Brinkman          [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   .